Ah, the classic game, Pipes. You know, the one where you arrange pipes on a grid and try to reach the goal while creating as long a chain as possible? Yeah, that game.
I've played around with the logic a bit in Python, and came up with this. It's not a complete game yet, obviously, but I've got the flow logic down.
Stuff needed in order to be considered "complete":
- Set up input (and a queue of pipes)
- Move from text to some other rendering method (
probably GL, via pygame or some suchLooking like Gtk+; Partially complete.)
- Maybe, convert to multiprocessing (
Not as easy as I thought, butdone)
Of course, the next step after "completion" is improvement...
- Implement levels (with larger maps and faster flow rates)
- Blocks (obstacles) to put a wrench in your design
- etc. (feel free to make suggestions in the comments)